LCS PenmanshipThe following is the adopted LCS penmanship taught to students.
General Activities to Help with Handwriting
- Dot-to-dot activities are good for visual motor skills, direction, and sequencing. There are many kinds: numbers, alphabet letters, and arrows.
- Mazes are good for visual motor planning, visual perceptual skills.
- Hidden pictures help with visual perceptual skills.
- Clay, playdough, Plasticene
- Painting whether with brush or fingerpaints
- Manipulatives encourage finger dexterity. Use windup toys, squeeze toys, chopsticks, measuring to cook.
- Drawing! This is one of the best ways!
To make playdough...2 c. flour
1 c. salt
4 tsp. cream of tartar
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 c. water
food coloring of your choice
Cook these ingredients over medium heat until it reaches the consistency of dry mashed potatoes, stirring constantly. Remove from pan and let cool before storing. Store in a plastic bag with most of the air removed. Can be refrigerated.