Thank you for your interest in Loveland Classical Schools!
We begin enrolling for the next school year the first day back after Thanksgiving break (starting with siblings). The LCS Lottery Team will continue to fill openings for the school year as fluctuation occurs throughout the spring and summer. Please be patient during this process. Due to the 48 hours allotted for acceptance and one week time period allotted for families to return enrollment paperwork, notifications will be made as quickly as possible.
“I’m interested! How do I apply?”
- Attend an information meeting to learn more about Loveland Classical Schools (LCS prioritizes families that have attended this meeting).
- Fill out an Online Lottery Form.
- Please be sure to indicate the school year you are interested in attending.
- If you have children currently attending LCS, please complete our 2019-2020 school year sibling waitlist form (please do not fill out a lottery form).
- Complete Thompson School District’s 2019-2020 Open Enrollment Application (you may have completed this step already, if so please do not submit again).
- Once your family has been drawn in the lottery, LCS will email you an official student position offer. Click on the links in the attached document and complete the enrollment instructions.
- The school enrolls students in the highest grades first and progresses to the lower grades.
- LCS pulls entire families. For example, if your oldest student is chosen, any siblings will be offered open spots or will be moved to the sibling waitlist until an opening becomes available. (Note: siblings receive spots before other students in the general lottery.)
- LCS gives families 48 hours to make a decision and respond to the school regarding their acceptance. The family will be required to complete all enrollment paperwork (sent to the parent/guardian email address on file) for each accepted child within one week.
- Once all steps are completed, families will receive Thompson School District’s acceptance letter to confirm enrollment.
- Children and grandchildren of LCS Founding Members
- Children of founding families, who served 100 or more hours prior to the first lottery (May 2, 2011)
- Children or grandchildren of active staff members (including those staff members that serve as guardians). (Staff members must complete a full year of service with LCS to continue their student’s enrollment at LCS. In the event that this requirement is not met, the student(s) will be placed in the lottery during the open enrollment period, at the guardian’s request).
- Siblings of currently enrolled students are automatically enrolled (per acceptance from the parent/guardian) and not subject to the lottery. Should a spot not be available, that sibling will placed on the sibling queue.
- Children of graduates of Loveland Classical High School.
- Students on the lottery list residing within the Thompson School District whose parent or guardian has attended an informational meeting.
- Students on the lottery list residing within the Thompson School District whose parent or guardian has not attended an informational meeting.
- Students on the lottery list residing outside of the Thompson School District whose parent or guardian has attended an informational meeting.
- Students on the lottery list residing outside of the Thompson School District whose parent or guardian has not attended an informational meeting.
In accordance with policy AC, Thompson School District does not discriminate in open enrollment on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, ethnicity, disability and/or any other status protected by law.
The district’s Section 504/I’itle II Coordinator/Compliance Officer is designated to assist the district, specific to students, with its response to complaints of discrimination and/or harassment on the basis of disability. The contact information for the Coordinator/Compliance Officer is:
Director of Student Support Services Thompson R2-J School District
800 South Taft Avenue
Loveland, CO 80537
Complaints alleging discrimination and/or harassment against students may be filed directly with the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204.