We begin enrolling for the next school year the first day back after Thanksgiving break. LCS follows the Thompson School District Open Enrollment period. The LCS Lottery Team will continue to fill openings for the school year as fluctuation occurs throughout the spring and summer. Please be patient during this process. Due to the 48 hours allotted for acceptance and one week time period allotted for families to return enrollment packets, notifications will be made as quickly as possible.
- The school enrolls students in the highest grades first and progresses to the lower grades.
- LCS pulls entire families. If your oldest student is chosen, any siblings will be offered open spots or will be moved to the sibling waitlist until an opening becomes available. (Note that siblings do receive spots before other students in the general lottery.)
- LCS gives families 48 hours to make a decision and respond to the school regarding their acceptance. The family then receives an Enrollment Packet to be filled out (for each accepted student) and returned to LCS within one week of acceptance.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a notification or completion or any items missing within two weeks of receipt of the family packets.
Parent Process: (Simple as 1, 2, 3!)
- Attend an information meeting to learn more about Loveland Classical Schools.
- Fill out an Intent to Enroll form.
- Please be sure to indicate the school year you are interested in attending.
- List all siblings interested, including children who are not quite ready for kindergarten and their possible start year.
- If you have children currently at LCS, indicate SWL on your form so your new student can be placed on the sibling waitlist.
- Once your family has been drawn in the lottery and you have accepted, wait for the Enrollment Packet email to arrive. Click on the links in the email and complete the enrollment instructions. Part of the process will include reviewing our Basic Information Acknowledgement and our Student Handbook.
In accordance with policy AC, Thompson School District does not discriminate in open enrollment on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, ethnicity, disability and/or any other status protected by law.
The district’s Section 504/I’itle II Coordinator/Compliance Officer is designated to assist the district, specific to students, with its response to complaints of discrimination and/or harassment on the basis of disability. The contact information for the Coordinator/Compliance Officer is:
Director of Student Support Services Thompson R2-J School District
800 South Taft Avenue
Loveland, CO 80537
Complaints alleging discrimination and/or harassment against students may be filed directly with the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204.